Friday, February 22, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS.............

I spent several hours rearranging and reorganizing the yarn closet yesterday. I pulled everything out, and put it all back with the exception of the Rowan and RYC yarns. This is what I was left with;


(does anyone think there may be a problem here?)

I counted and photographed it all, added the photos to Flickr, and entered it into the Ravelry data base this morning. I have to admit, I made a guess before counting, and I ended up with TWICE as much as I thought I had.

So without further adieu, and much fanfare, the grand total in yards is 57,041, which converts to 52,158.29 meters, making the winner;

Diana T, with her guess of 46,000 meters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will give Diana her choice of Rowan Summer Tweed in either Morning Glory or Gold.

I just want to thank everyone who played. I had no idea that SO many people read my blog. Sort of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Now I need to knit some sweaters so I'll be warm and fuzzy on the outside too!

6 comments:

Turtle said...

Congrats Diana!

Wow Steve..that is quite the yarn stash! What a generous prize you made..lol, and what a small dent it will make in your stash! I will continue to "lurk" and post! Enjoy your weekend.

Diana T. said...

You've got to be kidding me,I won????
That is so fabulous. WHEEEEEEEE!
Thank you, thank you thank you!

Diana(jumping up and down)

Lucie said...

Oh Steve that is an awful lot of knitting to do. Look forward to seeing your projects.

Phyl said...

Hey, a big congrats to Diana T. ! What a guess! This was a great contest, Steve. And I don't think you have a problem - not at all. If you do, well....I guess we all have the same one. I'm sure your closet feels OH so empty now. NOT!

Bianca said...

LOL! It still is an amazing stash! Have fun knitting though

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS TO DIANA!!! I saw the yarn in person on Friday - very, very nice. Luck duck that girl :-) You have so many more bags - do another contest for us losers, please, please, please, pretty please, with yarn on top. ;-)