So what has been going on you ask? (yeah, I heard you)
Well, let's see.....
I've started and nearly finished Cobblestone from the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits. (pretty much the ONLY thing I've been knitting) I promise I'll post a pic as soon as it's finished. I'm just being lazy today.
I had some BEAUTIFUL sock yarn named after me in a colorway I inspired! You can read all about it, and buy it here on Etsy. It's called FAMOUS Chocolate Fondue. OMG!!! Ain't it purdy!!!
I wanted something that was the color of chocolate covered cherries, but this line of yarn is called "Saucy", so we had to come up with something that could be considered a sauce. I think fondue works quite well, and you can dip cherries in it, or strawberries, or chunks of bananas, or chunks of pound cake, or....... (I wonder what we have in the kitchen?)
I sold some of my yarn stash, (and bought even more)
- One bag of orange Rowan Cork to a nice lady in Ireland. She discovered my stash on Ravelry.
- One 1 lb skein of cotton that was dyed by the lovely folks at Prism, because I was going to use it for a sweater, but decided it had too much pink in it for me.
- Three 1 lb skeins of cotton that was dyed by the lovely folks at Prism. (yeah, I still have 2 lbs left. probably will become a baby blanket.)
- 3 bags of natural cream colored, worsted weight Alpaca from a new find of mine. They have insanely cheap yarn here, and SO wonderful. I may try my hand at dyeing this stuff.
- 2 bags of a 100% Tweedy Silk from elann.com. You know how I am about tweed, and I think I've found a great pattern in the new Guy Knits book. Won't this be nice?
I got to meet Janet Szabo at the March guild meeting, and she signed my Aran Sweater Design book. What a super interesting person. I wish I had not been working so I could have taken some of her classes.
Well, that's all for now, but since Easter is just a few days away, I wondered, what's your favorite and least favorite Easter candy?
My favorite would have to be Cadbury Caramel Eggs.
And my least.... Marshmallow Peeps. They're fun to put in the microwave though.
And now ...... some interesting facts about Easter. The earliest possible date that Easter can fall on is March 22nd. The last time Easter fell on this date was in 1818, and it won't happen again until 2285. The latest possible date Easter can be is my birthday! (April 25th) The last time it fell on this date was in 1943 (I wasn't born yet) and will next fall on this date in 2038. (I will be 77 years old!)
The cycle of Easter dates repeats after exactly 5,700,000 years, with April 19th being the most common date, happening 220,400 times, or 3.9% compared to a mean for all dates of 162,857 times, or 2.9%. (what did we do before Wikipedia?)
Now then, wasn't that interesting?